In the Classroom: Individual Classes
2019 Intensive Class: Art of Formulation
THIS CLASS IS FULL.
Email email@example.com if you'd like to be put on the wait list.
Art of Formulation Day-Long Intensive Class
Taught by Maria Noel Groves, Clinical Herbalist & Author
Saturday, May 18, 10 am - 3 pm
This new class has been created at the request of students and new herbalists! Feeling confused or lacking confidence in how to best extract and delivery your herbs for maximum potency or how to create a custom formula that works well? Explore the art and science of herbal formulation with Maria. Topics will include…
- Basic herbal energetics (hot, cold, moist, dry) and taste
- Formulation: Primary, Supportive, Synergist/Harmonizer, Good Vibrations
- Tricky Constituents: tannins, resin, mucilage, polysaccharides, etc.
- When to opt for tea infusion, decoction, super infusion, cold infusion, ideal length of time
- Tips for tinctures, teas, glycerites, vinegar, honey, oxymel, pill, powder, oils...
- How to make remedies taste good
- How to make remedies more potent
- Bad combinations
- Checklist for formulating for a client
- Food as Medicine: best herbs for delivery in food (hot milk, soup/broth, honey, vinegar, smoothie, oatmeal, hummus, nut butter balls, applesauce, yogurt, pesto…)
- Alcohol-free options
- Various tastings and hands-on activities to see how blending various herbs can elevate the medicine and flavor of your remedy
Please note that my sweet and well-behaved (but not hypoallergenic) dog will be present in the classroom.
Please bring a brown bag lunch and let me know of any food or herb allergies.